HISTORY

More than seventy years of quality and tradition with an outlook for the future and innovation. This is the key of the 100% Italian success of Allegrini which is today a well-known and appreciated company in the chemical and cosmetic scene internationally.

1945: THE BEGINNING
We are in the post-war period when Italy is crossed by a strong need for change and a great proactiveness. Carlo Allegrini, with his sons Giacomo and Giuseppe, founded Allegrini: a bleaching products manufacturer based in Villa d’Alme, in the district of Bergamo.

1950: THE FIRST PATENT
Allegrini patented the innovative re-closable bleach container, created by Giacomo Allegrini, which paves the way to large-scale distribution for the company.

60 YEARS’: THE FIRST MAJOR SUCCESS
These are the “good years” of a happy Italy, the years of economic growth and the Dolce Vita. It is precisely in such a happy time in the history of our country that Allegrini achieved its first successes:

  • In 1965 it was awarded with the silver medal at the 14th International Inventor’s Fair in Brussels for the creation of plastic bollards;
  • In 1969, Allegrini becomes the first Italian company to produce biodegradable detergents.

1977: THE OPENING TO THE WORLD OF COSMETICS
Giacomo Allegrini together with Danilo Bonassoli found Cosmhotel, a manufacturer of soaps, based in Villa d’Alme (Bg).

THE 80’S: THE TURNING POINT
Allegrini becomes a S.p.A. company and moves from Villa d’Almè to the current headquarters in Grassobbio, in the district of Bergamo.

On the occasion of the fortieth anniversary of the company, the new corporate logo is also presented, accompanied by the “A chemical for the environment” pay off that will characterize the entire history of Allegrini.

1991 – THE BIRTH OF ALLEGRINI AMENITIES
Following the success of Cosmhotel in the hotel sector, is born Allegrini Amenities, division of Allegrini S.p.A. specialized in the production and distribution of hotel amenities.

1997 – THE FIRST QUALITY AWARDS
Allegrini S.p.A. obtains ISO 9001 certification.

2006 – THE FOUNDATION ALLEGRINI RUSSIA
The push toward new markets that has always marked the International spirit of the company leads to the creation of Allegrini Russia, a 100% Allegrini-owned branch located in Moscow.

2016 – NEW ACHIEVEMENTS FOR ALLEGRINI
Allegrini achieves the Certification of compliance as per requirements of ISO 22716 (GMP – Good Manufacturing Practises).
Allegrini Amenities goes to the market of the UAE, thanks to the Halal certification.